Friday, November 13, 2009

Question about Gladiolus?

I planted Gladiolus bulbs last summer and they grew pretty well-- the leaves, that is. I got a big, tall, beautiful stalk of flowers on only one plant. This year I have lots of big healthy leaves again, but no buds even beginning to form. Any idea what I can do to get the flowers to grow?|||glads need full sun.. maybe you dont get enough|||Blubs, as a rule don't need much fertilizer, too much nitrogen causes leaves to grow instead of flowers. Glads need lots of sunshine and regular water if the rains don't come. I would think that you might need to talk with someone at a good nursery, someone who knows how to grow plants. There are garden clubs and neighbors who might be able to help you. People love to share their knowledge of horticulture, just ask someone who is successful, they are happy to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment