Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I just found a box of gladiolus bulbs, is it too late to plant them?

I just found a box of flower bulbs, the box says gladiolus, there are three large bulbs and two small inside an unsealed plastic bag and the box is dated 04. Are the bulbs still any good? Is it too late in the season to plant them this year in central ohio? Any advice on growing them?|||Gladioli are fantastic... I planted my last bulbs yesterday... But the ones I planted last year and the year before are already blooming. You can escalate gladiolus bulbs and plant starting as soon as the frost is over, and do so every couple of weeks until the first of June (more or less). They will come up all during the summer. Once they have bloomed, allow the leaves to dry out, then cut back and leave to re-grow the next year! (If you are in a temperate climate like mine).|||Just as long as the bulbs show no sign of drying out, they are plantable and will bloom. Gladiolus grow tall and are not too good at supporting themselves upright. . Keep that in mind when you plant them.|||I live in central Michigan and planted some Gladiolas over Memorial Day weekend. They are coming up already. Yours should be okay if your plant them soon.|||who cares|||my opinion is its too late and i dont know what the climate in ohio so i cant give you any tips on that one sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment